DEPARTMENT OF AGING

Sue Fryer Ward, Secretary of Aging

301 West Preston St., Suite 1007
Baltimore, MD 21201
(410) 767-1102
1-800-AGE-DIAL (toll free, Maryland)
e-mail: ptc@mail.ooa.state.md.us
fax: (410) 333-7943
tty: (410) 767-1083
web: www.inform.umd.edu/md-ooa/


Agencies

Budget

Functions

Historical Evolution

Organizational Chart

Organizational Structure

Origin

Reports


ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE

OFFICE OF SECRETARY

Sue Fryer Ward, Secretary of Aging (appointed by Governor with Senate advice & consent) (410) 767-1102
James Macgill, Jr., Deputy Secretary (410) 767-1107


DEFUNCT UNITS

CLIENT SERVICES & LONG-TERM CARE DIVISION
In Oct. 1998, consolidated with Nutrition and Community Services Division to form Client and Community Services Division.

GUARDIANSHIP ADVISORY BOARD
Abolished in 1997 (Chapter 7, Acts of 1997).

MANAGEMENT DIVISION
In July 1997, merged with Planning and Evaluation Division to form Planning and Operations Division.

NUTRITION & COMMUNITY SERVICES DIVISION
In Oct. 1998, consolidated with Client Services and Long-Term Care Division to form Client and Community Services Division.

OFFICE ON AGING
Effective July 1, 1998, restructured as Department of Aging (Chapter 573, Acts of 1998).

PLANNING & EVALUATION DIVISION
In July 1997, merged with Management Division to form Planning and Operations Division.

Maryland Constitutional Offices & Agencies
Maryland Departments
Maryland Independent Agencies
Maryland Executive Commissions, Committees, Task Forces, & Advisory Boards
Maryland at a Glance


Maryland Manual On-Line

Search the Manual
e-mail: mdmanual@mdarchives.state.md.us

 Maryland Manual On-Line, 2000

July 18, 2000   
Note: In this past edition of Maryland Manual, some links are to external sites.  View the current Manual


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

Copyright July 18, 2000 Maryland State Archives