Judith Warfield Price, Esq., 2000; David W. Edgerly, 2002; Gloria Lawlah-Walker, 2002; Louis Pohoryles, Esq., 2002; John K. Burkley II, 2003; Jerry C. Lymas, 2003; Peter E. Perini, Sr., 2003; Leonard R. Sachs, 2004; Mario F. VillaSanta, 2004.
Ex officio: Richard C. Mike Lewin, Secretary of Business & Economic Development; John D. Porcari, Secretary of Transportation.
Hans F. Mayer, Executive Director
36 South Charles St., Suite 2410
Baltimore, MD 21201
fax: (410) 625-1848
Established in 1984, the Maryland Economic Development Corporation is a public instrumentality of the State (Chapter 498, Acts of 1984). The Corporation enables the State to develop property for economic purposes. To serve the public interest, the Corporation develops vacant or unused industrial sites and facilities and other economic resources in which the private sector has shown no significant interest or development capability.
The Corporation operates in economically distressed areas of the State. It helps State and local economic development agencies expand, modernize, and retain businesses, and attract new ones.
The Board of Directors is appointed by the Governor with Senate advice and consent. It consists of twelve members, including two ex officio voting members. Members serve four-year terms. With the Governor's approval, the Board appoints the Executive Director (Code 1957, Art. 83A, secs. 5-201 through 5-216).
July 18, 2000
Note: In this past edition of Maryland Manual, some links are to external sites. View the current Manual