CANAL PLACE PRESERVATION & DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY

ORIGIN & FUNCTIONS


The Canal Place Preservation and Development Authority was formed in 1993. As an instrumentality of the State and a public corporation, the Authority has created and will develop the historic Chesapeake and Ohio Canal preservation district in the City of Cumberland (Chapter 544, Acts of 1993). The district is known as the Canal Place Historic Preservation District.

The Authority's nine members serve four-year terms. Six are named by the Governor with Senate advice and consent. One represents the Cumberland Mayor and City Council; one, the Maryland Historical Trust; and one, the U.S. Dept. of the Interior. The Governor names the chair. With the Governor's approval, the Authority appoints the Executive Director (Code Financial Institutions Article, secs. 13-1001 through 13-1031).

Maryland Constitutional Offices & Agencies
Maryland Departments
Maryland Independent Agencies
Maryland Executive Commissions, Committees, Task Forces, & Advisory Boards
Maryland at a Glance


Maryland Manual On-Line

Search the Manual
e-mail: mdmanual@mdarchives.state.md.us

 Maryland Manual On-Line, 2000

July 18, 2000   
Note: In this past edition of Maryland Manual, some links are to external sites.  View the current Manual


[ Archives' Home Page  ||  All About Maryland  ||  Maryland Manual On-Line  ||  Reference & Research
||  Search the Archives   ||  Education & Outreach  ||  Archives of Maryland Online ]

Governor     General Assembly    Judiciary     Maryland.Gov

Copyright July 18, 2000 Maryland State Archives